Queens Park Walking Club
Our wee Saturday morning walking club continues. A chance for social interaction, nature and fresh air and aspects that help improve mental health.
I (Halina) will be at the main gates of Queens Park (map below) and each week (this might be subject to change due to other commitments or illness), I will take a gentle route around the park.
Important things to note:
· This is a voluntary club and it is free.
· I do have a Mental Health First Aid Certificate, but I am not medically trained.
· If you have any health conditions that potentially could affect you then it is advised that you consult your GP to make sure this is ok for you.
· Please make sure you have suitable footwear and clothing for all weathers. I want you to be warm and comfortable!
· Please bring a bottle/container of water. It is super important to keep hydrated.
· Make sure you have had something to eat in the morning. It is also important that you have something in your tummy!
· The walk will last for anything up to an hour to begin and we will look at increasing this.
· You don’t need to stay for the full walk, you can leave at any time.
· If you have issues with agoraphobia and stay near the Southside, I am happy to come and collect you. I have been there and sometimes it is hard enough leaving the house.
Most importantly, I want this to make you happy!
If you are interested in coming along, or have any more questions in advance, I can be contacted on 07943104257or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
A picture of the gates is below: